Stevia: The best natural alternative to sugar
Having a balanced diet does not have to be boring, I say this because there are already a lot of alternatives to sugar nowadays .
Are all of these alternatives healthy? What will be the best ingredient to sweeten your meals?
There are many alternatives to replace sugar, but always with caution, because many of these ingredients are harmful to our health if consumed excessively. So, there are 2 types of sweetener :
- The artificial sweeteners are produced by industrial processes and most of them have a much greater sweetening power than sugar, having no or almost no calories;
- The natural sweeteners are those extracted from natural sources such as plants. This is clearly the best option, natural options should be more valued by us, they may have higher or lower sweetening power than sugar and are usually less caloric.
My sweetener of choice is Stevie, an ingredient of natural origin extracted from the Stevie Freudian Tortoni plant . This sweetener tastes more bitter than white sugar and contains no sugar whatsoever, which allows you to avoid insulin spikes and may be the solution for diabetics and people looking to control their weight . Stevie also reduces the desire to eat sweets, which is already a great help to not leave the axes during the diet.
How to use stevia?
Since I discovered stevia I have made life easier and sweeter. This natural sweetener can be used to sweeten recipes or foods, such as:
- Natural yogurt;
Benefits of Stevia Consumption
In addition to stevia help sweeten our meals, it also helps:
- Provide immense nutrients essential for the proper functioning of our body, because it is so rich in vitamins and minerals;
- Regulate blood sugar, which is ideal for diabetics;
- Lose weight, since it is a food low in calories and reduces the urge to eat a more caloric candy.
What are the best stevia sweeteners and where can I find them?
On the site of the Catalog you can find many natural alternatives to sugar , no chemicals and no harmful ingredients for our health, since Stevie drops (eg: Nutria-nick stevia drops pocket pack ) , in powder (eg: Nutritionist Stevie leaf powder ) or in capsule (eg Stevie sweet ).